won·der /wəndər/ n.
1. a feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable.
When I feel wonder, it:
- startles me out of the everyday
- makes me want to run out the door and do something amazing
- teaches me something that makes me want to learn more about everything
- rekindles the tiny pilot light of my faith in humanity
- makes me glad to be in the world
As a bed-bound person, I don’t get out into the world that often. But I can share my wonder at it every single day. I work as hard as I can to stay in love with the world, and now I want to share that love with you. I’m hoping that Share My Wonder can be a repository of things to re-inspire you, make you curious and excited to be alive again when it seems like everything’s against you. I’ll be posting here, on Facebook and Twitter @sharemywonder. And hey, if you’ve got something that’s brought you wonder: PLEASE, send it to me! I want to share your wonder too.